Thursday

MAN THOUGHTS by Sid Falco (a participant of the G8 Men's Meetings at the Gateway Church NRH Campus)

"There were many ways of breaking a heart. Stories were full of hearts broken by love, but what really broke a heart was taking away its dream—whatever that dream might be." -Pearl S. Buck

"I’m not perfect. I screw up every day. I sin. I cry. I fail. I repent. And then I do it again. I tell you all that to let you know that I’m writing to you out of a heart of humility, not a "here’s the answer" kind of mindset. Because I know I’m not alone and because I love my brothers, from time to time, I share what the Lord gives me. Lately, God’s really been talking to me about living out what He has put in my heart.

Our inner passions, desires and dreams are God-given. They are the fuel which makes us burn. We burn with desire to be, to conquer, to change our part of the world and, even possibly, the whole world for Him. We dream, therefore we are. If there’s nothing burning in us, something has died. Our fire has been quenched.

Exodus 15:3 says, "The Lord is a warrior; Yahweh is His name!" Because we are created in God’s image, we, too, are warriors. A warrior is a fighter; a soldier; an obedient, passionate protector; a dreamer; one who not only defends the weak, but also fights to see God’s plans for his life carried out.

When the enemy gets us to forget our mission and who we are, we become ineffective. We wake up, "do" our day, go to bed and then repeat it all again the next day. All the while, our God-given dreams get lost in the sea of living life. And when our passion dies, when we get busy in life and lose our desire, we stop engaging. We no longer are effective. We can still be good people, but I don’t look at many warriors and say, "Oh, they’re good people." No, I look at warriors in awe and think, "They are dangerous!"

My challenge to you today is, "Let’s be dangerous my brothers!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment